Origin Reports is designed for editorial office professionals who need to prepare accurate, sophisticated performance reports to communicate with editorial boards, publishers, and funders. Generate tables, charts, and graphs in seconds using your editorial office data from Scholar One or Editorial Manager. Use filters to highlight critical data trends, save your charts into customizable reports, or use our Standard Reports designed by editorial reporting experts.
Blog Post Collections
Best Practices in Journal Reporting
- USING JOURNAL TIMING CHARTS TO IMPROVE MANUSCRIPT FLOW: PART 2
- USING JOURNAL TIMING
- CHARTS TO IMPROVE MANUSCRIPT FLOW: PART 1
- DIVING DEEPER INTO YOUR SUBMISSION DATA
- HOW TO DESIGN AN EFFECTIVE EDITORIAL REPORT: PART 1
- HOW TO DESIGN AN EFFECTIVE EDITORIAL REPORT: PART 2
- HOW TO DESIGN AN EFFECTIVE EDITORIAL REPORT: PART 3
- HOW TO DESIGN AN EFFECTIVE EDITORIAL REPORT: PART 4
- THE IMPORTANCE OF CHART PARAMETER LISTS
- WHY YOU SHOULDN’T RECYCLE HISTORICAL SUMMARY DATA
Dr. Jason Roberts
Jason Roberts is a Senior Partner at Origin Editorial, an editorial office services and peer review management company, and Origin Reports, a reporting software application. He is also a past-president of the International Society of Managing and Technical Editors. In 2017 he published the book Peer Review: Reform and Renewal in Scientific Publishing and is an editorial board member of the journal Research Integrity and Peer Review (Springer-Nature).
Kristen Overstreet is a Senior Partner at Origin Editorial, an editorial office services and peer review management company, and Origin Reports, a reporting software application. She is also a past president of the International Society of Managing and Technical Editors. Kristen currently serves on the ISMTE’s North American Planning Committee, Early Career Committee, and Community Platform Task Force, and the Force11 Research Data Publishing Ethics Working Group.
Creating the Ultimate Editorial Office Report
Wednesday, June 22, 11 AM EST*
* This webinar will be recorded and emailed to everyone who registers for the webinar. Please sign up even if you cannot attend the webinar at its scheduled time.
We are now adding Editor Recommendation charts to our existing Editor Decision charts
We are creating a new Editor-in-Chief section with a variety of performance charts
- Date format selector
- New user preferences section – now you only have to answer questions about how you want to report your data once, and Origin Reports will store your selection in a user preferences section. Easily go back and change your preferences when your reporting needs change.
- We will soon be supporting eJournalPress datasets
- We are developing cross journal reporting, which will allow data from multiple journals to be presented on the same charts and reports
February 2022 Update – Global Dataset Uploader:
Upload Two Datasets at Once
With the global uploader, you can now upload your Submissions & Decisions CSV and your Editors & Reviewers CSV files at the same time. You will no longer need to change datasets to create charts in different sections.
Your Data Available From Anywhere in the App
Upload your data one time and have access to it from chart creation, MyCharts, and MyReports. Using Origin Reports is now faster and easier than ever before.
Never Lose Track of What Data You’re Working With
The global uploader ribbon always displays your dataset file names and indicates the submission system the data came from, which helps you keep track of what you’re working on. This is especially helpful if you’re supporting multiple journals.
New Visual Chart Selection Menu
Choose what type of chart you want to create and Origin Reports will display all available chart options in that section. Narrow your chart options using variable dropdown boxes.